October 05, 2006

Only 347 Shopping Days Left!

In 348 days, I will celebrate my 20,000th day birthday.
Here are some helpful shopping hints.
I wear a size 6 pant and 8 blouse. My colors are "fall." Because I'm short waisted and have long legs, the designers who work best for me are Donna Karan and Dolce and Gabbana. I wear my pants long and my skirts short. Stick with the classics. I'll accessorize, thanks.
My favorite cars are 1957 Chevy, 1957 Mercedez XL Gullwing, and Ferrari (any year).
My new dish pattern is Deruta "Raffaellesco", since my old dish pattern was discontinued. Other DERUTA patterns are fine - mixing patterns is chic.
Want to buy housewares but are unsure? I have a Frank Lloyd Wright rug from the Arizona Biltmore that you can match with designs from his catalogue. Better yet? A gift certificate. See comment about cash below, to determine the amount.
You can never have enough Mikasa champagne flutes, I say.
I love live music featuring Dr. John, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Henry Butler, Nightcrawlers. Unsure? Ask "Bunny" Mathews at DownBeat Magazine if they're good. Backstage passes show that you may really love me. Limosine service takes away any doubt.
The place I love to stay in New Orleans is www.suitejazz.com Talk to Sylvia.
I use Liquitex acryllic paint (primary colors, raw sienna, Mars black and Titanium white only, please), TONS of Elmer's glue, and always need an array of quality artist brushes.
Maid service is a welcome gift when laundry is also included. Best? When the maid is married to a gardener looking for work!
Some people think cash gifts are tacky. I think people who think cash gifts are tacky, are tacky. Remember, when considering the amount, $1 per day is a good starting point.
I LOVE hand made gifts, but only from people with talent. Unsure if you have talent? Best to stay away from hand made gifts.
That should get you started. You've been given plenty of time to think about this, so I expect something more than that last minute, in the middle of Christmas shopping grab that may have occurred over years.
Here's your big chance.
More to come...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've hit the trifecta: a (former) cheerleader, a (loyal) friend AND I'm jealous both of your tremendous writing talent and your balls-out exercising of your right to write what you damn well please.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home