August 26, 2006

Random Encounters

Did you ever meet someone, just by accident, that you'd never encounter in your regular life? A few of those stopped by yesterday, dressed as funny old guys and girls at the next table. Listen in...
"so he moves four times
it was just three
because we couldn't get reception. What are we watching? Well, he's the one watching - I just do my sewing, but anyway,
No, not, football. Do YOU watch football? My, my.
it's those Nascar type races, this race and that race, I can't even keep track of the names. So we're moving for the fourth time,
It was just three
rug and all
yeah, rug and all, cause some couple left early and there was an extra hook-up
but we're finally getting reception, and I unfold the stairs, and, I don't know, I just must have been tired or something, and I fell
ha ha, sure did
but I hit my head and had sixteen stiches
yeah, took her in, and missed the race. Good one, too. Did you see it?...
Traveling trailer people, making friends, and eating Cajun food. That, I believe, is a rare first for me.
The other that comes to mind was in a tres chic sissy little watering hole on the runway of Santa Monica Airport about a decade back. We were with a tiny little blonde New York Jewish writer with big huge eyes, when we learn it's motorcyle-something night. We ignore that, and this writer is telling stories about working at Mouschwitz (Disney), when I turned and saw the biggest, leather-wearingest, wild hairest, crazy-eyed biker on this green sphere. Listen in...
"Mongol? Nice to meet you. This is Victoria and this is Paul.
Mongol owns a business in Van Nuys - motorcycle business.
Really? Well, I guess you have TWO businesses then, don't you? So, what brings you to Santa Monica?"
Victoria with the big huge eyes bulged them wider.
"Are these some of your friends, Mongol?"
The chic little arty bar is now overrun with bikers. Big, scary-eyed crazy bikers. I decide to christen Mongol as Alpha Most Crazy Biker Boy, and buy him a drink.
"Fascinating. Tell me more."
Between the traveling trailer types and the biker boys, Mongol was my favorite - thoughtful, well-spoken, gracious and witty.
And could probably get you out of anything alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home