October 08, 2006

Oh Lord, Won't You Buy Me A Mercedes Benz?

Let It Down
Richard "Lord" Buckley, 1906-1960

Like to hear a good little commercial kick? Jingle? Like to hear a jingle?

Mmmmmaaaaaaaaaaa!

Yes, I know honey they're tryin' to shoot the moon out of the sky so you girls can't jump over it any more. I read the papers, too, but LET IT DOWN, BABY, LET IT DOWN.

Mmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa!

Yes, I know, honey, you'd like to get out there in them green lush fields with them honey birds swingin' around the daffodils and the wild flowers and all dem butterflys are flyin' around in that sweet breeze and I want you to get there, but just do me a little favor, sugar, LET IT DOWN, BABY, LET IT DOWN.

Mmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa!

Don't sing me none of your love songs, honey, I got eighteen a' you girls to take care of this morning. That milk truck will be along here in a minute now, Let's not get fussy. Let's do what we're supposed to do, let's have a meeting of minds, Sugar, just LET IT DOWN, BABY, LET IT DOWN.

Hey! Daggone, look at that fresh milk! By, God, it's nutricious enriched. There'll be fresh milk for everybody today.

Thank ya, Honey.

Mmmmmmmaaaaaaaa!

Right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home