December 18, 2006

Bigger Slide

Not long ago, we were Astorian bon vivants. We threw parties, were invited to parties, and mixed often with our favorite people.
Times have changed.
Astoria is a lonely place now, with few gatherings - even during the holiday season. Some with whom we were once inseparable now don't even bother sending me a birthday card, much less going to dinner, or getting together for drinks or a visit.
Paul thinks it's because we're moving, but I think not. It started before then - nothing substantial, but less phone calls, more gatherings in which we were not included... Something happened, and I don't know what.
I've racked my brains...what did I say? what did I do? what did I NOT say? what didn't I do?
We drew a blank. Neither of us can figure it out.
All I want for Christmas is my house to sell. It's too cold up here to feel cold on the inside, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home